African Player Of The Year 2019 Nominees
Confederation of African Football (CAF), has released the top three contenders of its major awards scheme in each category, barely few weeks to the annual awards.
The shortlist of the top nominees for each category of award was reached when the CAF Technical & Development Committee and media pundits met and voted.
The nomination was based on the general performance during the 2019 season.
CAF legends group made up of past winners of the African Player of the Year also took part in the voting in the Men and Women of the Year category of the awards.
Head Coaches, Technical Directors and Captains of the various Senior National Teams from the CAF member Association will also be the voters in the Men’s and Women’s player of the year including Male and Female Coach of the Year categories in the final phase.
However, the Head Coaches and Captains of the group phase of the ongoing CAF Inter club’s competition, will decide on the Inter clubs Player of the year category.
On Tuesday 7th January, 2020, at a colourful ceremony at the Albatross Citadel Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada in Egypt, the award winners for the various categories will be announced.
The award’s main aim is to celebrate African footballers and Officials who have proved beyond reasonable doubt as astounding among their peers during the year in review, 2019.
As part of the program, new categories which seeks recognizing distinguished individuals and other contributors who in one way or the made African football the best and inspiring.
For a complete list of the nominees, click CAF 2019Complete Nominees
Below are the top three nominees of each category that would be awarded:
African Player of the Year
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
African Women’s Player of the Year
- Ajara Nchout (Cameroon & Valerenga)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelona)
- Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Beijing Phoenix FC)
African Interclubs Player of the Year
- Anice Badri (Tunisia & Esperance)
- Tarek Hamed (Egypt & Zamalek)
- Youcef Belaïli (Algeria & Esperance / Ahli Jeddah)
African Youth Player of the Year
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmund)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria & Villarreal)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria & Lille)
African Men’s Coach of the Year
- Aliou Cisse (Senegal – Senegal)
- Djamel Belmadi (Algeria – Algeria)
- Moïne Chaâbani (Tunisia – Esperance)
African Women’s Coach of the Year
- Alain Djeumfa (Cameroon)
- Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
- Thomas Dennerby (Nigeria)
African Men’s National Team of the Year
African Women’s National Team of the Year
- South Africa
Goal of The Year
Below are the videos that shows the goal of the year category. The public has the opportunity to vote for their best Goal at the official CAF’s website
Nominee 1: Amanda Mthandi (South Africa, COSAFA) vs Zimbabwe
Nominee 2 : Abdoulaye Diaby (Mali, AFCON 2019) vs Mauritania
- Nominee 3: Youcef Belaili (Algeria, AFCON 2019) vs Guinea
Nominee 4 : Amadou Haidara (Mali , AFCON 2019) vs Angola
Nominee: Idris Mbombo (Al Hilal, CAF Confederation 2019) vs Nkana
- Nominee 6 : Riyad Mahrez (Algeria, AFCON 2019) vs Nigeria
Keep following this page by bookmarking for live updates come January 7, 2020 in Egypt.
Leave you comment or feedback in the comment box below.